Well, Erik Bledsoe of SurfYourName or Surf Your Name sent me an email on the 23rd with an email with the subject “LOL” and a message saying “You are so funny.” I responded and told him about this particular blog entry… and then realized how well ranked it is after just 6 hours.
Here’s his response:
- Our last conversation was on January 12th; so why wasn’t a check made out on the 15th?
- If a check was to be made out, why didn’t I know of it when I had requested the payment to be made via PayPal?
- If a check was to be sent out to me, how is he going to do that if he doesn’t have my address?
- If a check was to be written out to me, does he know what name to put on it?
- Alright, he owes me money, I write a review about my experience with him and his company… and he then tells me once I remove my blog THEN he’ll send me the money? Extortion anyone?
After I sent an email pointing out these things, I received a payment a minute later. Wow, accounting is fast this morning!
Anyway, we had shot a few more emails back and forth. He wanted my blog to come down, but unfortunately for him, my wife said that I don’t owe him anything and there’s nothing to take down. So if anything – at least he paid. And for the record – he wasn’t very apathetic about the whole situation until he realized I wasn’t going to take down the blog.