It’s been 9 months since the Navy and I’m feeling quite out of shape. I want to be able to run and lift weights but I have a very serious problem – I can’t work out!
Seriously, I have a rare skin condition that prevents me from any rigorious, physical activity. Heck, even emotional. Let me explain my condition (I don’t know the name for it, but a doctor once told me it was a 15-20 character name):
WHEN I AM:
- Working out – includes running, lifting weights, swimming & other athletic events
- laying with my daughter (lifting her, playing, running with her in my arms)
- Angry, too excited/happy, emotionally triggered (good or bad)
- In direct sunlight for more than 5 seconds
- Showering in water that is too hot
- Met with artificial heat (heater from in the home, A/C unit, building)
- In a hot room
When any of these things happen, I itch in a very painful way. The best way to explain this pain is that it feels like a THOUSAND needles are poking me everywhere. The most place is my chest and back, but it does lead down my arms, forearms, forehead, lower back and even my legs. After several minutes, you can see small red dots whelping up on me. Even if I don’t scratch, you can see the red marks all over me as if I did.
Believe me, I tried getting tested. They all say my blood is fine. Nothing is wrong from me. But when I did push-ups in front of the doctor, they saw it happen. After just 45 push-ups, I began itching erratically and they have no explanation for it.
SO IT’S NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK OUT
Now the question is, if I can’t work out, how the heck do I get in shape or stay in shape?
That’s what I’ll have to find out. Below are pictures of me now as of today. The pictures are of me before flexing and while flexing. I weigh 150 lbs.
I would like to report back with some positive results.
Wish me luck!